Plan Intro - DSW - Sept 2026 - "One Another"

 Plan Intro - DSW - Sept 2026 - "One Another"

ONE ANOTHER

Month One: Called to Community

Dear Friend,

There are two little words woven throughout the New Testament that carry an enormous responsibility:

ONE ANOTHER.

Again and again, Scripture tells us how we are to live—not only in our relationship with God, but in our relationships with the people He has placed around us.

Love one another.
Serve one another.
Honor one another.
Accept one another.
Bear with one another.
Forgive one another.
Encourage one another.
Build one another up.

These aren't merely nice suggestions for getting along with people. They are instructions for living as followers of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Himself said:

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you...”
John 13:34 KJV

What an incredible standard!

Jesus didn't simply tell us to love one another. He showed us how.

He loved patiently.
He served humbly.
He forgave freely.
He showed compassion.
He carried burdens.
He welcomed the overlooked.
He restored the broken.

And then He said, in essence:

Now you do the same.

Over the next 31 days, we're going to slow down and write our way through many of the New Testament's “one another” imperatives—the commands God has given us concerning the way we treat each other.

But I hope we will do more than simply copy words onto paper.

As you write each passage, ask the Lord:

What are You teaching me about the way I treat others?

Is there someone I need to forgive?

Someone I need to encourage?

Someone whose burden I could help carry?

Have I been quick to judge but slow to show grace?

Am I seeking to be served—or looking for opportunities to serve?

Do the people around me experience the love of Jesus through the way I treat them?

Some days may encourage us.

Some may comfort us.

And some might step squarely on our toes!

That's okay.

God's Word isn't simply meant to inform us. It's meant to transform us.

My prayer for this first month is that the Lord will make these two little words—ONE ANOTHER—come alive in our hearts.

May we become people who don't merely know what Jesus commanded...

but people who live it.

Grab your Bible, your favorite pen, and your journal.

Let's begin.

Melissa

** Please note: I create all my plans based from the KJV Holy Bible, so other translations may vary in wording, but should have the same context. Also, I write all my plans for 31 days so they can be used any month of the year. **



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLAN INTRO - DSW - AUGUST 2025 - "HIS NAME"

DSW PLAN INTRO - APRIL 2026 - NAMES OF GOD

DSW - MAY 2026 - "SING!"